"Ci-en" (hereafter referred to as "the Service"), operated by EISYS, Inc., is a service site with the purpose of supporting creators on the Internet. When using the Service, registering as a user, or supporting creators, relevant personal information will be requested.
Requested personal information such as name, e-mail address, telephone number, address, date of birth, etc., is necessary in order to provide users with the Service or information about the Service. The Service's policy is to refrain from requesting unneeded information from users, or conducting surveys unrelated to use of the Service.
Information collected will not be used by the Service for any purpose other than the provision of services. Any sensitive information (such as passwords, etc.) collected from our users will be strongly protected via encryption and other means. Communications on the Service are encrypted using TLS1.2.
Provisions for the Handling of Personal Information
In order to use the Service, users are required to provide personal information such as name, date of birth, and e-mail address. Such personal information will be handled in the following manner when using the Service.
1. Purpose of Use of Personal Information
- To provide services to users.
- To facilitate the completion of payments.
- To respond to user inquiries.
- To store user order information and improve user convenience when using the Service.
- To provide users with important notices regarding the Service.
- To send direct emails for the purpose of providing information about the Service.
- To prepare statistical data in a form that does not identify individual users.
2. Regarding Disclosure and Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties
Any user personal information recorded and stored while using the Service will not be disclosed or provided to any third party except in the following cases.
- When the user has given prior consent to the disclosure.
- When commissioning work to other businesses or services necessary in relation to provision of the Service.
- When commissioning work to other businesses or services in relation to the management, operation, or support of the Service.
- When disclosing information to financial institutions, credit card companies, collection agencies, and other businesses that settle or act as settlement agents for the payment of goods and services ordered by the user.
- When providing information to a successor company during a business succession due to a merger, corporate separation, business transfer, or other such event.
- When disclosure is immediately necessary to protect human life or human rights.
- When cooperating with requests made by judicial institutions, the police, or other public bodies in accordance with laws and regulations.
- When disclosure is required by law.
- When disclosing necessary information such as the user's name, username, address, telephone number, and e-mail address to another user for the purposes of a transaction conducted between users of the Company's services or in the event of a problem related to such a transaction.
- Other cases as individually determined for each of the Company's services
3. Management of Personal Information
- The Company will manage the personal information of customers recorded and stored in the course of using the Service in an appropriate manner to prevent accidents such as loss, theft, falsification, and data leaks. We will also comply with all applicable laws and regulations regarding the protection of personal information.
- Please note that in the event of a violation of the Terms of Service or interference with the Service's operation, the Service may delete a user's personal information without prior notice or user consent if deemed necessary for the management and operation of the Service.
4. Confirmation, Change, and Ceasing of Registered User Information
User may confirm, change, or cease the use of their registered personal information upon registration as a user of the Service through a Service feature, which can be accessed by entering the customer's unique authentication information.
5. Potential Outcomes of Not Optionally Providing Personal Information
- Inability to use the Service (User registration, purchase of products)
- The Company is unable to accept inquiries from users or provide a response.
- If the user does not update personal information, certain personal information such as name (not including highly confidential information such as credit card number) may end up getting sent to a different user as a result of outdated registered information.
Payment for goods and services related to the user's order will be made through the following handlers depending on the payment method.
Credit Card Payment:DG Financial Technology, Inc.
7. Requests Regarding Personal Information
The Service will respond to requests from users regarding personal information obtained as specified below within a reasonable period of time and to a reasonable extent, after confirming the identity of the user as necessary. However, please note that the Company may not be able to respond to a user's request if it would cause significant hindrance to standard business operations, violate the provisions of the law, or interfere with the secure management of personal information.
- Disclosure of records pertaining to obtained personal information or the provision of such information to third parties.
- Correction, addition or deletion of obtained personal information.
- The ceasing of use of obtained personal information, or ceasing of provision of such information to third parties.
- Details about security measures pertaining to the obtaining of personal information.
8. Help Desk Contact information
The Service will accept and respond to "7. Requests Regarding Personal Information", and questions, complaints, consultations, or other user inquiries regarding the handling of personal information via the "Contact Us" form below.
Contact information for inquiries regarding the protection of personal information
[ Contact Us ]
Please note that the Company will respond on business days (weekdays), excluding Saturdays, Sundays, national holidays and company-designated holidays (All times in JST.)
Inquiries regarding personal information should be directed to "DLsite," which is separately operated by the Company.
9. Company Information
Information about the party responsible for the handling of personal information obtained from users through the Service is as follows.
Representative Director Jun Fujii
Cookies are intended to make use of the Service more convenient for repeated use. Cookies do not violate a user's privacy or have any adverse effects on their computer.
The Service may collect information from visitors contained in cookies such as viewing behavior patterns. The information collected may be used by the Service to analyze access trends and provide better customer service.
Users who do not wish to have information about them collected, can disable cookies through their internet browser. However, users must have their browser set to accept cookies in order to use the features of the Service.
Assurance and Limitation of Liability
Any use of the Service shall be at a user's own risk.
The Service does not describe or indicate in any way whether the contents on the Service are appropriate for the user's environment.
Access to the Service shall be of the user's own free will, and they shall be responsible for their own use of the Service.
Applicable Law and Jurisdiction
Although the Service may be accessed from countries throughout the world with differing laws, both the user accessing the Service and the Service agree that the laws of Japan shall apply to the use of the Service regardless of such differences in legal principles, and the Tokyo District Court shall be designated as the exclusive court of first instance.